By: Pastor Charles Swann
Topic: The Word For Today
Scripture: Psalms 62
Reading: Psalm 62:1-12, ESV
- For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.
- He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.
- How long will all of you attack a man to batter him, like a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
- They only plan to thrust him down from his high position. They take pleasure in falsehood. They bless with their mouths, but inwardly they curse. Selah
- For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.
- He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
- On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
- Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah
- Those of low estate are but a breath; those of high estate are a delusion; in the balances they go up; they are together lighter than a breath.
- Put no trust in extortion; set no vain hopes on robbery; if riches increase, set not your heart on them.
- Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this: that power belongs to God,
- and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love. For you will render to a man according to his work.
Pastor Charles Swann